The period leading up to the HSC can be a difficult time for parents as they try to help their teen manage the study load and stress.
The parent website School A to Z has spoken to teachers about the challenges parents and students face. Here are some of the key points:
- You don't need to be a subject expert to help your child prepare for the HSC.
- Make sure your teen is getting enough sleep.
- Good nutrition is vital.
- They can reduce stress by balancing study with physical activity, social life and other interests.
- Part-time work shouldn't be more than 10-hours a week.
- Remember there is an end in sight.
- Stay in contact with the school and speak with teachers about how to support your child.
Watch a video - Preparing for the HSC – that deals with these tips in more detail.